Spain will meet Argentina in the Davis Cup Final. The two nations last met in the 2008 final, in Argentina, which Spain won 3-1 although this tie will be played in Spain. In the semi-finals, Spain had a comfortable 4-1 win over France, while Argentina defeated defending champions Serbia 3-2. Novak Djokovic had to retire in the fifth rubber due to injury. Spain are outright favourites but don’t discount Argentina, despite the fact that on three previous occasions, they’ve never managed to beat the Spaniards.
Tennis Betting – what you need to know:
- Spain’s first Davis Cup triumph came in 2000 and has since been followed by a further 3 crowns. They’ve won two of the last three competitions and are the sixth most successful team overall.
- Argentina have never won the Davis Cup despite reaching three finals – 1981, 2006 and 2008.
- Spain have a hugely talented squad, containing the likes of Fernando Verdasco, Rafael Nadal David Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez.
- Argentina boast players such as David Nalbandian, Juan Martin del Potro, Juan Monaco and Juan Ignacio Chela.
- Spain were the last nation to win the final away from home when they prevailed in Argentina in 2008.
The Davis Cup Final is the last act of the tennis year. Spain against Argentina should provide plenty of drama and excitement especially if you are betting on it, so make your selections today with your favourite sportsbook.